Grants of up to $20,000 to Kansas and Missouri nonprofit organizations for initiatives to benefit African American residents in eligible locations. Funding is intended to support organizations that work to improve the local quality of life and enhance services in local communities. Eligible projects benefit residents of Clay, Jackson, or Platte in Missouri, or Johnson or Wyandotte in Kansas.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
Grants are made only to nonprofits that have current 501(c)(3) status. To apply, the nonprofit organization must be located and serving in: Clay, Jackson or Platte in Missouri, or Johnson or Wyandotte in Kansas.
Areas of Exclusion:
- Political parties, candidates or political activities
- Religious organizations for denominational programs
- Special one-time events
- Capital campaigns
- Application Available: March 9, 2023
- Application Deadline: June 7, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. CST
- Decision Notification: August 2023